Hot!

PRODUCT REVIEW: MAC Cosmetics for men was a deep fall into the abyss



(www.PlayTimeCares.com) - A Mack is only a MAC that is okay to be in this store. 



That’s horrible, and I apologize for trying to make myself un-traumatized from this experience!  I am a just a humble city guy that likes to eat his weight in delicious culinary items.  Nowhere in my quest to get the perfect beach ball body did I ever think I would wake up and say, “Playtime, let’s go to a makeup store and see if you can look pretty.” 

Truth be told, I did not say that today either, but yet I found myself going to a well-known makeup supplier so I can be “red carpet ready.”  What does that mean…and why is the carpet red?  The carpet is outside…make it an earthy color so it will not stain easily! 





Well, I was told to go to a MAC Cosmetics store and I was insured they would do the correct process needed.  I initially called ahead hoping that they told me that they do not do makeup fittings, but that was a fool’s dream.  A Mrs. Kim answered the phone and told me that they would be happy to fix me right up and that the process would only take 15 minutes at max.  I was already realizing that resistance was futile, and that I was going to be assimilated, so I just hoped in my truck, A MANLY TRUCK, and went to the store.



This particular location is located in a section of central Houston called Rice Village, and parking may worry you.  I saw plenty of paid parking lots around the area, but Kim let me know that they validated parking and to just find the parking garage right in their complex.  After viewing a parking garage that said they accepted validated parking for 2 hours or less, I was parked and in search of my pretty.


As I entered the store, I was greeted by all the employees, and no one even batted an eye that this relatively tall, fat and hairy man was standing in the doorway.  I was asked how I needed to be assisted by a guy with one of the well-manicured beards I have seen up close! 

The salesman, Charles Rojas, listened to all my demands of the puppet masters, which included getting a “Studio Fix Profile,” as well as an “Everyday Fix Profile.”  Charles grabbed a chair and was ready. 






Charles Rojas
I have questions though.  I am seeing mountains comprised of various shades of lipstick and they look real, and they looked like someone may have used them.  I had to know if they were display items or for use.  Charles informed me that they were for use, but were quickly sanitized after someone opts to use them.  With all sanitary issues out the way, I proceeded to be fixed…pun probably intended.

Charles explained the process.  I was first given a foundation of “Time Check Lotion.”  After that, they used “Studio Tech NW47,” and finished off the outside look with “Dark Deep Mineralize Skinfinish” powder. 


I had to admit that I barely could tell the stuff was on, and the many customers that passed through during my makeup application process said it looked well also.


Kim told Charles that there was one more product that would be to my liking and will probably be a tad bit closer to my natural skin tone.  She asked Charles to apply the “MAC Lightful C Tinted Cream with Radiance Booster Broad Spectrum SPF 30 – Dark Deep.”  Charles and the store patrons were pleased with this look.  I was actually more pleased with this look as well.


I tested it out all day.  I realized that I could get away with the makeup when my children, with special emphasis on my 17 year old son, did not realize I had makeup on.  They still didn’t believe it when I told them.


All in all, the trauma of having to be red carpet ready was not too bad.  I actually didn’t shave or groom myself at all so I could have the most manly makeup application experience as possible. The staff of MAC Rice Village is friendly, professional and patient. 


Video: Playtime gets serious about his TV career

 

All in all, the trauma of having to be red carpet ready was not too bad.  I actually didn’t shave or groom myself at all so I could have the most manly makeup application experience as possible. The staff of MAC Rice Village is friendly, professional and patient.

0 comments:

Post a Comment