Hot!

MOVIE PREVIEW: "TRAINWRECK" - Should you be on track with this one?



(www.PlayTimeCares.com) - I received an invite to see a film called "Trainwreck," I was definitely intrigued.  I am that guy that watches crashes and falls on television all the time.  When I ready that they guy from "Bridesmaids" made the film, I was definitely on board. I loved "Bridesmaids"  to the point of tears in the movie theater. 

I was given the following synopsis of the movie:

"Judd Apatow (Knocked Up, The 40-Year-Old Virgin) has built a history of helping break distinctive new comedy voices into the mainstream, from Seth Rogen to Lena Dunham among many others. Apatow again brings a portrait of an unforgettable character, and a portrayal by a breakout new comedy star, together in Trainwreck, written by and starring Amy Schumer (Inside Amy Schumer) as a woman who lives her life without apologies, even when maybe she should apologize.  The comedy, from a script written by Schumer, co-stars Bill Hader, Brie Larson, Colin Quinn, John Cena, Tilda Swinton and LeBron James.  Apatow produces Trainwreck through his Apatow Productions alongside Barry Mendel (Bridesmaids, This Is 40)"





I refuse to truly give away any of the story line, but I must say this: For me, this is a take it or leave it type movie.  I think this is a decent matinee movie, but top dollar...not as much.  Redbox rental, definitely would not have a problem doing as such.

Overall, to me, this is a very juvenile humor based film with moments of sheer laughter infused.  This is truly about a young lady that has to find herself when she thought she knew herself.  This is a film about infusing reality, family dynamics and work life to coincide properly with personal life.

I must admit that Lebron James and John Cena had very memorable moments in the film.  Anyone that follows my website knows that I am an avid WWE watching, and I can not stand John Cena!  If I saw Cena did a good job in this film, then know that he truly did.

I want to warn you that this is not a kid friendly film!  I actually saw several mid teens in the theater, so if you have a kid that can handle adult themes, then go right ahead.  I, as a fat man, saw several in shaped, nude men, so many folks that like in shaped men will like this film.  There is nudity, sexual themes, drug use, racist material, sexist material...well, you get the idea!

Jasmine gives her thoughts on Trainwreck

 

Natalie chimes in on Trainwreck 

 

What do you think about Trainwreck Olga

 

 

Steven gives full thoughts on Trainwreck



Overall, the crowd loved this film.  Let me repeat, EVERYONE I spoke with loved this film.  I often heard the phrase, "BEST FILM I HAVE SEEN SO FAR THIS YEAR."  I may have had my expectations set too high because of how great "Bridesmaids" was as a film.  Get away from that mindset, and maybe you will enjoy it as much as everyone else that saw the film.















0 comments:

Post a Comment