Hot!

MOVIE PREVIEW: "The Intern" - Should you just quit the company?



(www.PlayTimeCares.com) - I received an invite to see a film called "The Intern," and I immediately thought of a comedy that would have a bumbling intern that screws up often, but eventually saves the day.  After reading synopsis of the movie, and seeing that Robert De Niro was going to be the intern, I was disappointed that I would not have a super silly comedy, then pleased that I would have a potentially good De Niro film to watch.

I was given the following synopsis of the movie:

70-year-old widower Ben Whittaker (Robert De Niro) has discovered that retirement isn't all it's cracked up to be. Seizing an opportunity to get back in the game, he becomes a senior intern at an online fashion site, founded and run by Jules Ostin (Anne Hathaway).

Time to look up the trailer and see what type of film I was getting myself into:




I like that the synopsis that I was given did not truly give the movie justice.  This movie is more than just a retired person and widower wanting to find self worth.  This is a movie about old school versus new school, the way that social values have changed over the years, redemption, forgiveness, and a whole lot more. 

I refuse to truly give away any of the story line, but I will say this: Depending on what type of mood I am in, or what I am trying to accomplish, this movie can go either theater or Redbox rental for me. 

  • If I am in the mood for a true comedy, then this is a Redbox rental.

  • If I want action...not the movie to see

  • If I want drama and I am by myself, Redbox.  If I want drama and I am with a female that I am trying to spend extra time with later, movie theater.

  • If I want a film that I don't have to think too much about while viewing, theater, matinee, or Redbox would suffice for me.

All in all, this was a decent film that wasn't overly predictable.  Here is what others that saw the movie thought about it.

  Joe: Looks like the wrestler Samoa Joe

 

  

Jay, a return contributor to PlayTime, gives her opinion on the film





Brittney opens up about her viewing experience




Breezy Perez gives her cool perspective









0 comments:

Post a Comment