Hot!

DADDY BLOGGING: Take your daughter to work day

NFL Discontinues 'Bring Your Daughter To Work Day'


(www.playtimecares.com) -

April 23, 2015 is the National Take Your Daughter To Work Day which seems to be celebrating a 22 year anniversary of such an extravaganza.

 I have read about the debate about making sure they are gender neutral in the celebration of seed inclusion, so I see that this day actually developed to actually to Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Day 


Please note that you do not have to be that sensitive about this particular issue.  They could have easily made one day for daughters, and another day for sons.  Just as we have a Girls Scouts and a Boy Scouts organization, there is nothing wrong with having gender specific items.




Even in the attempt to make things ultra-inclusive, you could have simply made it Take A Child To Work Day to eliminate a future debate on step children, adopted children, pre-adopted children, kids that parents does not want them gender specified, those people that aren't able to have kids so took on children unofficially as their own, etc., etc.




I digress.  Today, I am off from work!  What do I do in this case?  I just miss the day all together.  Another problem that arises is that I do not have the type of job that allows me to take any of my children with me to watch me work all day because a variety of safety reasons!  I am sure that many people enjoy the luxury of Monday - Friday employment, with a set time each day, but that is not my life.  On days like today, sometimes I wish I were in those people's shoes.

With that in mind, I want to build memories with my children as well.  I am going to soon take them fishing because these kids has sucked up this Texas culture like nobody's business.  Sooner or later I am going to have to learn how to hunt...and probably plant a straight row of agricultural commodities!


 For those who had the opportunity to take advantage of this nice concept to expose your children to how you have to balance work, life and family, how was the experience for you?  What would you like seen added to the program to make it more enjoyable, or enjoyable overall for you?  If your child is less than 1st grade age, how was that experience?  Please share in the comment section!








0 comments:

Post a Comment