Hot!

MOVIE PREVIEW: "Creed" - Should you punch someone for making this?



Last updated: November 20, 2015

Originally published: November 20, 2015



(www.PlayTimeCares.com) - I received an invite to see a film called "Creed," and once again I immediately thought about Hollywood running out of ideas and having to mess with classic concepts in order to get people in theaters.  I started thinking, wait, Rocky came out before I was born...barely...but that is actually a fact!  They are still tinkering with this franchise.  Is this not Rocky number 22?

  • Rocky                 1976
  • Rocky II             1979
  • Rocky III            1982
  • Rocky IV            1985
  • Rocky V             1990
  • Rocky Balboa     2006
  • Creed                  2015

You are literally speaking about a franchise holding on to a concept for 39 years!  This is the 7th film in the franchise.  What could they possibly do to make this concept fresh?

I was given the following synopsis of the movie:

The former World Heavyweight Champion Rocky Balboa serves as a trainer and mentor to Adonis Johnson, the son of his late friend and former rival Apollo Creed.

You still have Sylvester Stallone in the movie, so at least they are holding true to the story line a little bit...I'll give it a try.  First, time to look up the trailer and see what type of film I was getting myself into:









I will cut to the chase:

Go to the theater and see this movie!

I am shocked that I typed this...because truthfully, the plot is predictable.  There are not any plot twist that will leave your mouth open.  Yet, this movie was so well done to whereas you don't care.  The audience was totally engaged, and I was shocked that Sylvester Stallone actually had many funny moments in the film.   





I can honestly say that this is one of the most well put together movies of 2015, but what did others think of the film?


Return reviewer Jay chimes in:


 

 

Feisty Sharita gives her thoughts:


 

Carla of H-Town getting down with her thoughts:



 

JC and the family of 5 gives insight:



 

Stephanie and Norris chimes in:














0 comments:

Post a Comment