Hot!

MOVIE PREVIEW: "Race" - Should you run away from this film?




Last updated:  February 17, 2016

Originally published:  February 16, 2016


(www.PlayTimeCares.com) - I received an invite to see a film called "Race," and being a person that like track and field, I knew I wanted to see this.  When I read on the movie poster that this film is based on the true story of Jesse Owens, then I had to know what it was about!

I was given the following synopsis of the movie:

Jesse Owens' quest to become the greatest track and field athlete in history thrusts him onto the world stage of the 1936 Olympics, where he faces off against Adolf Hitler's vision of Aryan supremacy.
This has the potential to be a powerful film, especially during Black History month.  Let's take a look at the trailer:






I will spare the suspense: This movie is very well done.  If you are unsure about spending full price to see this one, I am certain that this will be one of the strongest matinee movies that you will see this year!


People know the story of Jesse Owens, but you heard the collective gasp and disgust with people during the film.  Multiple times people clapped during the film.  This film is not about making people feel guilty about what happened in the early 1900s.  This film puts together a balanced approached of being a biopic that mixed truth, humor and politics. 

My full thoughts here:







Enough about me and my thoughts of the film, since the theater was full of people to see this.  What did others think of the film?  Well, here are their thoughts:


What did this couple have to say about this film?:






What did this couple have to say about this film?:











Compilation video of the reviewers:




0 comments:

Post a Comment