Hot!

MOVIE PREVIEW: "Vacation" - Will you need one after seeing this?



(www.PlayTimeCares.com) - I received an invite to see a film called "Vacation," and I immediately thought of a childhood favorite, "National Lampoon's Vacation" and was immediately upset!  I automatically KNEW they would remake another film from my childhood and screw it up.

I was given the following synopsis of the movie:

"The next generation of Griswolds is at it again. New Line Cinema's ''Vacation,'' starring Ed Helms (''The Hangover'' films) and Christina Applegate (the ''Anchorman'' films), takes the family on the road for another ill-fated adventure. The film marks Jonathan Goldstein & John Francis Daley’s directorial debut. Following in his father's footsteps and hoping for some much-needed family bonding, a grown-up Rusty Griswold (Helms) surprises his wife, Debbie (Applegate), and their two sons with a cross-country trip back to America's ''favorite family fun park,'' Walley World.

Since this was actually a continuation, and not a remake of a classic film, I was all aboard this movie train!




I refuse to truly give away any of the story line, but I must say this: For me, this is a Redbox rental. 

I will admit, this movie does not take away from the original storyline, and that was really important to me.   This movie is about a father and husband wanting to rekindle something with his wife, and bond better with his sons by doing a family trip.  Overall, this movie has funny parts, and if you are fan of silly comedies, you will really enjoy this film.  Yet, for someone like me that is getting harder and harder on comedies, I would have to hate spending the price of tickets to see this film.  I may budge and say this is a matinee rental, but if you buy concessions during your matinee viewing, then I still would recommend Redbox.  Just not a strong enough film to warrant today's ticket prices.



As aforementioned, I am hard on comedies, so listen to what others had to say on the film and decide if it is worth it.  For me, the film is definitely worth watching, but for the price of a movie ticket, concessions and gas getting to the theater...just Redbox it and get something hot and ready!

  Trio of lovely ladies give their thoughts on Vacation

 

 

  Jay gives her opinion on the film









0 comments:

Post a Comment